Positive relationships & personalised support
Trinity Sixth Form exists for you. We are a small Sixth Form and a close knit community. We pride ourselves on knowing and understanding the needs of each and every one of our students – we can say with confidence that every student in our care gets personalised, individual support so that you can achieve your full potential during your time with us and beyond.
Results on a upward trend, impressive destinations
2016 A Level results were as follows:
Pass rate: 99%
High Pass rate: 32%
C grade & above: 68%
Success rate: 98% (National Average: 95%)
Results have improved significantly in all areas since Trinity Sixth Form was established in 2011. We fully intend to build on this going forward and aim to become one of the ‘Outstanding’ sixth forms in the country.
Testament to this is the wide range of destinations to which our ‘Class of 2016’ have progressed. This year, our destinations statistics are:
Studying at university: 76%
Russell Group Universities (Top 24 UK universities): 18%
Both of these are at least in line with national average and above local average figures. Following summer results, students have gone on to study courses such as: Archaeology, Business, Computing, Education, Engineering, English, Mathematics, Medicine, Nursing, Psychology & Sport. University destinations include: Exeter, Durham, York, Newcastle, Teesside, St Mary’s – Twickenham and the British & Irish Modern Music Institute.
Key Stage 5 Results 2016 (16-19 Performance)
Excellent support & facilities
In recent years we have invested in the best facilities to help you learn and develop as an individual:
- a fantastic modern refectory for you to relax and refuel at breakfast, break and lunch
- a wide range of teaching spaces suited to the courses you choose – state of the art ICT and media suites and much, much more
- an affordable mobile device scheme that enables you to buy your own tablet or laptop and pay for it in monthly installments so you can learn on the go
- a well equipped learning resource centre with a range of books/magazines/journals, PCs/printing/photocopying facilities and a silent study area
- a welcoming achievement centre that is open all day for you to access additional support with your studies
- a peaceful chapel that is always open for private prayer and silent reflection
- a range of outstanding sports facilities for you to burn off that excess energy including a fitness suite, all weather pitch and gym/sports hall
A caring Catholic community
Underlying all we do are the words of Jesus: “love one another as I have loved you”. All our students are equal in the eyes of God and are, therefore, to be treated with respect and dignity. Trinity Catholic Sixth Form College is special. Our faith is central to all that we do and, as believers in the values and benefits of a Christian community, we offer a warm welcome to Catholics and non-Catholics alike.
* Based on analysis by A Level Performance Systems (ALPS) data