Subject Pathways 2017 – 2018
Calculating student APS – new scoring system
Trinity Catholic College 6th Form Subject Pathways 2017 – 2018
Students can follow various pathways depending on their Average Point Score (APS) from GCSE results: (APS average point score from GCSE performance)
*Students with an APS below 4.5 are at risk of not meeting the requirements to study A Levels or BTEC Level 3, therefore may be advised of alternative progression routes (4.4-3.7 with appropriate ATL/Attendance may be given a Conditional Offer with appropriate PoS)
1. All students must have at least 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including C grade equivalents in:
- GCSE English – Grade 4 or above
- GCSE Maths – Grade 4 or above
2. In addition to the above:
- Students studying Biology / Chemistry / Physics must also have at least a B grade in the examined component of the relevant Science GCSE
- Students studying Maths must have at least a Grade 6 in GCSE Maths
- Students studying BTEC Engineering will need at least a Grade 6 in Maths.
- Students studying some A level subjects may also be subject to additional entry criteria. For example to study Psychology, Sociology, Computing & Business students need an APS of at least 5 (Mostly C grades or equivalent and above at GCSE).
3. Any students without GCSE English and/or Maths at Grade 4 or above must undertake their resit in Year 1 of Sixth Form as part of their Programme of Study.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL COURSES CHOSEN WILL BE DISCUSSED FULLY AT YOUR ENROLMENT APPOINTMENT
The links below will take you to detailed information regarding subjects on offer. The generic entry requirements for A Levels are: 5 GCSEs grade A*-C including English Language & Maths. Some subjects have more stringent entry criteria – please see individual subject information for details. We reserve the right to modify entry requirements for any course, as required.